This blog is an exploration of my unique experiences in life - Memoirs of my cherished memories for my friends, family and all well wishers. Feel free to leave your comments.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Talk in FM Fukui


Japanese version and English version
Last Friday was an eventful day. I was invited for a 10 min talk in FM Fukui radio. The topic was to introduce about the home country. It was organized by Fukui International Activites personnel named S.mada-san. This was in fact my second talk in Fukui radio. Two years back, there was an impromptu interview by another radio channel of Fukui called FBC. At that time there was no beforehand preparation except for a short practice just before going live on air. However, this time, I had to make a document regarding the contents of my talk "in japanese" and had to get verified by the DJs. Besides, unlike the last time, I had to go to the studio for broadcasting live on air.
There was also a comedy of errors before I went to FM radio station. I somehow by mistake always thought the program is in FBC station and told all my friends to tune to FBC. It was only just before I arrived to the FM station I realized my mistake. Just at that moment, even my mobile went off because of low battery and couldn't inform any of my friends...Poor friends...most of them waited for nearly an hour tuning in FBC. Unfortuntely, I was told that I can get a copy of my talk only after few days.
Aside that, the talk went well, better than my expectations as though it was a casual conversation. I was impressed by the DJs ability to render the conversation more naturalistic. But I still have to wait till I get a copy of my recording to get any second opinions.

No comments: