This blog is an exploration of my unique experiences in life - Memoirs of my cherished memories for my friends, family and all well wishers. Feel free to leave your comments.

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Golf at Kenkou no Mori


Scenery at Kenkou no Mori and Our golf group

First golf trial and my team-mates

Last Sunday was fun as I had been to a superb nature-rich scenic spot in Fukui called 'Kenkou no Mori' (Forest of health) for playing a unique version of amateur golf. The locale was also rich with various sporting facilities (runner's track, tennis courts, soccer/baseball/golf ground, kids playground and many others...) besides having splendid sceneries.
Thanks to T.shima-san's invitation, I and my friends could join the golf activity. We were a group of 30 members divided into various teams. The golf course is famous for a unique kind of golf play called 'Mallet golf', where in the golf bat looks like a hammer. I heard that the place is famous for inventing it. But our golf was different from mallet golf or conventional golf, as we played using larger golf balls or bats.
All in all the day was good fun and my team scored well to win the competition!!

No comments: