This blog is an exploration of my unique experiences in life - Memoirs of my cherished memories for my friends, family and all well wishers. Feel free to leave your comments.

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Visit to Morita-sensei’s house


Japanese Onigiri and Aloo sabji


Our group and Sensei preparing pizza

My Japanese teacher invited me and my friends to her house for dinner on last Saturday of February. The evening was spent chatting while having delicious vegetarian dishes. As far as I know, she is the only Japanese vegetarian that I know over here. It is very hard to find a vegetarian in Japan considering people here mostly consume meat or sea food products almost everyday. It is hard to survive as a pure vegetarian and my sensei says she became veggie since 10 years. In general, for veggies India is heaven as there are numerous mouth-watering veg dishes available so easily if one explores indian cuisine. Even my japanese teacher had made Aloo ('potato' or 'jagaimo' in japanese) dry curry so much so that it tasted truly indian flavor. Towards the end of supper she offered 'masala chai' which was one of the best that I had ever. Finally our long dinner ended with freshly prepared Chinese tea.

No comments: