This blog is an exploration of my unique experiences in life - Memoirs of my cherished memories for my friends, family and all well wishers. Feel free to leave your comments.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Valentine chocolates







These were some of the chocolates that I recieved on valentine's day. In contrast to other countries including India where on valentine's day loving couples exchange gifts, in Japan the custom is slightly different. On that day men recieve gifts (allmost always chocolates) from the fairer sex, be it either your girlfriend or any well-wisher. I was abound with chocolates from different quarters coming from two T.shima-sans (jap mom and my dorm manager), Oba-chan (jap granny), dept. staff and beloved k.th.
But the cliche is returning the gifts on 'White day', which falls on March 14th. Haven't heard of this day before coming to Japan.

Y'day in a radio programme by FBC ('Itteirashhai' from Suzuki hanji), there was a talk on chocolates, where in the DJ told that chocolates are good for health (contains minerals like magnesium and calcium in balance) and its a myth that they cause obesity, caries, nosebleed or even pimples. The aroma of chocolates are to be smelt before eating them. A chocolate activates the brain and hence is useful in rejuvenation.

Well, my experiments with those I recieved was a fair success and the one I ate before posting this is still keeping me active!

No comments: