This blog is an exploration of my unique experiences in life - Memoirs of my cherished memories for my friends, family and all well wishers. Feel free to leave your comments.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Eco study tour on September 2007


Aerial view of Shirakawa-go town and Close-up of Gassho zukuri houses

My eco study group and Japanese paper (Washi) in the making

Its been a long time since the last post. In the last week of September, I and few of my friends had joined for the Eco study tour visiting various interesting places in neighbouring Gifu, Toyama and Ishikawa prefectures. It was my first time to participate in the event and I could enjoy it very well. Our first visit was to Shirakawa-go town in Gifu prefecture which is popular for ancient houses called Gassho zukuri . Together with that of Gokayama in Toyama prefecture they are designated as World heritage site by UNESCO. The walk to Gassho zukuri houses guided by local school children was good fun. The event was a 2-day trip during which we had hiking, group discussions, making japanese paper and so on. Overall the event was splendidly organized and kudos to Hokuriku JASSO group for their elegant effort.

No comments: